Terms and Conditions
- Visit Buckinghamshire (VB) is the Destination Management Organisation for Buckinghamshire and the Chilterns facilitated by Buckinghamshire Business First and supported by the Buckinghamshire Strategic Tourism Group.
- Membership of VB is for businesses located in Buckinghamshire or close to its borders.
- When providing us with your email address (as an individual or a VB member) you consent to receiving email communications from VB and you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- VB provides this website platform for tourism visitors to the site and for members to support each other. VB cannot be held liable, including financial responsibility, for the action taken as a result of content on this website. The information is provided by VB and its members in good faith. If you find any content that you find to be incorrect or inappropriate please report this to the VB team using the Feedback form on the website.
Data and Cookies
- When you create an VB account with us we will download a cookie for the management of the signup process and general administration. This cookie will remain on your computer to remember your login details and site preferences.
Here is a list of the cookies we use:
- Nailssession - This cookie allows us to identify you and keep your session separate from others. It is also used to keep you logged in if you are logged in. It expires when you close the browser window.
- PHPSESSID - This cookie allows us to identify you and keep your session separate from others. It is also used to keep you logged in if you are logged in. It expires when you close the browser window.
- __utmz - This cookie is used by Google Analytics to track site usage on the VB site. It expires 6 months after your last visit to the site.
- __utmc - This cookie is used by Google Analytics to track site usage on the VB site. It expires when you close the browser window.
- __utmb, __utma, __utmt - These cookies are used by Google Analytics to track site usage on the BBFVB site. They expire within an hour.
- We hope that you value being a member of Visit Buckinghamshire. Your investment in VB helps to fund the promotion of Buckinghamshire as a tourist destination and the support services we provide to our members. Once we receive your investment payment we would not ordinarily offer you a refund on this investment. The only exception to this is if you change your mind in the first 14 days – see ‘Cooling off’ below.
- Your membership will automatically renew after 12 months. If you have previously invested we will contact you by email beforehand to remind you that payment is due.
- You can upgrade your membership at any time by increasing your investment level. If you upgrade part way through the year we will deduct from the new investment amount the remaining investment monies. As an example: You invested £150 6 months previously and you now want to upgrade to a £500 member package. Your £500 package will begin today and last for a year. We will deduct any balance from your original package - in this example £75 i.e. half of the original £150 package. You would to pay £425 + VAT (£500 minus £75).
- Cooling off. If you change your mind within 14 days of making an investment in VB we will refund your payment. If you have used any of the VB services within the first 14 days we reserve the right to deduct the value of this from the refund. Complete the ‘Feedback Form’ (see link in the footer) to request a refund.
- As an invested member you can submit content to the website. VB reserves the right to remove or edit any content submitted by you. We expect our members to remain respectful, professional and courteous at all times. We aim to provide a website platform that contributes to the betterment of Buckinghamshire as a place to grow tourism.
- VB reserves the right to amend or withdraw any specific membership benefits you receive as a result of your investment with us.