Terms and Conditions
- Visit Buckinghamshire (VB) is the Destination Management Organisation for Buckinghamshire and the Chilterns facilitated by Buckinghamshire Business First and supported by the Buckinghamshire Strategic Tourism Group.
- Membership of VB is for businesses located in Buckinghamshire or close to its borders.
- When providing us with your email address (as an individual or a VB member) you consent to receiving email communications from VB and you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- VB provides this website platform for tourism visitors to the site and for members to support each other. VB cannot be held liable, including financial responsibility, for the action taken as a result of content on this website. The information is provided by VB and its members in good faith. If you find any content that you find to be incorrect or inappropriate please report this to the VB team using the Feedback form on the website.
Data and Cookies
- When you create an VB account with us we will download a cookie for the management of the signup process and general administration. This cookie will remain on your computer to remember your login details and site preferences.
Here is a list of the cookies we use:
- Nailssession - This cookie allows us to identify you and keep your session separate from others. It is also used to keep you logged in if you are logged in. It expires when you close the browser window.
- PHPSESSID - This cookie allows us to identify you and keep your session separate from others. It is also used to keep you logged in if you are logged in. It expires when you close the browser window.
- __utmz - This cookie is used by Google Analytics to track site usage on the VB site. It expires 6 months after your last visit to the site.
- __utmc - This cookie is used by Google Analytics to track site usage on the VB site. It expires when you close the browser window.
- __utmb, __utma, __utmt - These cookies are used by Google Analytics to track site usage on the BBFVB site. They expire within an hour.
- We hope that you value being a member of Visit Buckinghamshire. Your investment in VB helps to fund the promotion of Buckinghamshire as a tourist destination and the support services we provide to our members. Once we receive your investment payment we would not ordinarily offer you a refund on this investment. The only exception to this is if you change your mind in the first 14 days – see ‘Cooling off’ below.
- Your membership will automatically renew after 12 months. If you have previously invested we will contact you by email beforehand to remind you that payment is due.
- You can upgrade your membership at any time by increasing your investment level. If you upgrade part way through the year we will deduct from the new investment amount the remaining investment monies. As an example: You invested £150 6 months previously and you now want to upgrade to a £500 member package. Your £500 package will begin today and last for a year. We will deduct any balance from your original package - in this example £75 i.e. half of the original £150 package. You would to pay £425 + VAT (£500 minus £75).
- Cooling off. If you change your mind within 14 days of making an investment in VB we will refund your payment. If you have used any of the VB services within the first 14 days we reserve the right to deduct the value of this from the refund. Complete the ‘Feedback Form’ (see link in the footer) to request a refund.
- As an invested member you can submit content to the website. VB reserves the right to remove or edit any content submitted by you. We expect our members to remain respectful, professional and courteous at all times. We aim to provide a website platform that contributes to the betterment of Buckinghamshire as a place to grow tourism.
- VB reserves the right to amend or withdraw any specific membership benefits you receive as a result of your investment with us.
- Terms and conditions – Visit Buckinghamshire Instagram competition. To participate in this competition, users must share their Halloween image on Instagram tagging @Visit_Bucks in their photo
- This competition will run until 11.59pm on Tuesday 1st November. Entries made by direct reply to this T&C page will not be accepted.
- There will be two winners who will be selected at random (one for the age 0-18 category and one for the 18 years category and above), after the competition deadline of 11.59pm on 1st November, who have fulfilled the criteria in 1) above. Entries made after this point will not be counted.
- The contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) over except for Visit Buckinghamshire, Buckinghamshire Business First, Wycombe District Council and Aylesbury Vale District Council employees and families or anyone directly connected with the organisation.
- The prize consists of a family ticket for The Green Dragon Eco Farm (for the 0-18 year category) and Tea for 2 at Waddesdon Manor for the 18 years and above category.
- If you are the lucky winner of either category, you will need to provide your email address, contact phone number and home address as instructed at the time of being announced as our winner. Further details will then be provided by Visit Buckinghamshire as to how you claim your prize.
- We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same Instagram account, the first entry only will be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary, however you will need an internet connection and access to Instagram. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
- We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
- The winners will have 48 hours to claim their prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time we reserve the right to select new winners.
- The decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this promotion, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this promotion.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual's prior consent.
- The winner's name can be obtained by sending an SAE and covering letter to: Visit Buckinghamshire, The Saunderton Estate, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, HP14 4BF, after closure of the promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing your information to Visit Buckinghamshire and not to Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
- The promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind - including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the promotion.
- Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- This promotion is subject to Instagram’s terms of services which can be found at: https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/
- Promoter: Visit Buckinghamshire, The Saunderton Estate, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, HP14 4BF. Website address: www.visitbuckinghamshire.com