A National Trust House with formal and natural Gardens set within Ascott Estate near Wing, Buckinghamshire.
Ascott House presents as an ‘Old English’ manor house of black and white half timber, with red –tiled roofs and shafted brick chimneystacks. Its core is an old farmhouse thought to date from 1606.The original farmhouse has undergone many changes since being acquired by the Rothschild family in 1873. Ascott houses an exceptional collection of paintings, fine furniture and superb oriental porcelain. The extensive gardens, are an attractive mix of the formal and natural with specimen trees, shrubs and beautiful herbaceous borders.