A tour of two contrasting gardens, both of historic significance.
First visit Hartwell House, a National Trust early 17th century grade I listed house with 90 acres of Capability Brown-inspired gardens and parkland set in stunning Buckinghamshire countryside. Follow on with a visit to Turn End, a 20th century town property with interlinked grade II listed charming garden rooms around the architect’s own post-war grade II* private village house. The contrast between scale and intimate space is significant but both gardens have historical importance and with captivating stories to share with the visitor. At each of these fabulous attractions you will recieve a personal tour from their head gardeners. Listen to them speak passionately about the gardens and the extensive history both Hartwell and Turn End have, this gives your experince a truly personal touch.
The tours will be running between May – September 2019, and each tour has a maximum of 30 guests.
Cost - £41.00 per person
The tour will include:
- 10.30am arrival at Hartwell House - welcome tea/coffee in one of the Drawing Rooms
- 11.00am to 12.15pm - Garden tour of Hartwell gardens and parkland with Head Gardener, Richard Jones
- 12.30pm – two-course luncheon with a glass of wine and coffee per person in the Doric Dining room
- 2.15pm - guests will depart Hartwell House travel to Turn End, Townside, Haddenham
- 2.30pm - guests arrive Turn End to have a fabulous tour of the garden
- Tea/coffee will be served during your time at Turn End
- 4.00pm - guests depart Turn End