Not just for petrol heads, the Silverstone Interactive Museum is great for group tours and individuals and you can continue the day with one of these other interesting activities.
The museum is delighted to announce that they now include a guided tour for groups of 20+. The 1 – 1.5 hour long tour can give a general overview of the museum's ten captivating zones and heritage track trail or be tailored to a group's interests. After the tour, guests may spend as long as they like at the museum. Book your group before 1st Nov 2022 for visits before 31/12/23 and each guest will receive a free guide book. Group lunches are available and cream teas at the trackside café are £6.95 per person.
Silverstone has also teamed up with some great local venues for those wanting a traditional pub meal or to try some local wines. For a 2 course pub lunch, try some hidden gems nearby in The New Inn at Abthorpe (01327 857306) or The Kings Head at Syrensham (01280 630010). Chafor Wine Estate is an award winning vineyard, less than 20 mins away from Silverstone. They offer private tours and tastings for groups from £16 for 3 wines & they can do a BBQ or paella for groups as well.
After lunch why not try one of these great venues nearby?
• Stowe House and Gardens where you can even do a roof top tour.
• The Bell Plantation (01327 354126) is free to go to and much more than just a garden centre with a vintage shop, fish & reptile centre, clothes shop, 2 art galleries & poultry centre as well as plants and a café.
• Other great venues nearby include Blenheim Palace, Bletchley Park, Waddeston Manor, and The British Motor Museum is just 40 mins away if you fancy a motor themed day.
• 40 mins from Oxford, 30 mins from Milton Keynes, 50 mins from Stratford Upon Avon, 30 mins from Northampton, 25 mins from Bicester
• The Museum also has a new neighbour opening this autumn – The Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is adjacent to the start line and pits at Silverstone, with amazing views over the Silverstone Circuit. Afternoon teas available.
You don’t have to be an ardent fan of motor racing to enjoy the Silverstone Interactive Museum, it’s a terrific day out. The Museum is housed in a restored WW2 RAF hangar right next to part of the original Grand Prix circuit. If you step outside the rear of the museum you can walk the heritage track trail, and you may catch a glimpse of the action on the current circuit.
“This is not just a museum – it is a fascinating insight into all things Silverstone in an interesting way that everyone will enjoy.” Sue Sherwood, Group Organiser.
To make a booking email:email@example.com (Rates held to end of 2023.)